New city, new people, new work environments. I daresay I've learned a lesson or 10.
1. NYC runs on Dunkin. Starbucks is out. Dunkin is in.
2. The G train is slow. And I hate it. And it doesn't tell me where I'm going. And I think that's rude.
3. It IS possible to learn NYC without a smartphone. Use your smartbrain.
4. Birthdays in offices are a great way to get your face off a screen and into some delicious baked goodie.
5. Times Square is ALWAYS crowded.
6. Foot-Friendly > Fashion
7. It is really hard to get acclimated to homeless people on trains. Even with headphones in.
8. The best way to learn is to walk.
9. There is a struggle on the trains of chivalry vs. courtesy. I want to believe that courtesy is winning, but when I saw a pregnant woman stand for a ridiculously long ride in front of some young men, I thought otherwise.
10. I still have a lot to learn.